Gun Violence & School Shootings
“The road to freedom, here and everywhere, begins in the classroom.” - Hubert H. Humphrey
We created this page as resource after the news of the tragic mass shooting that took the lives of 21 people, including 19 children, on May 24, 2022 at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.
Less than a year later, we find ourselves sharing it again. We are not only deeply saddened, but outraged, that another school shooting has resulted in the loss of six more precious lives.
We stand with The Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee, and those grieving their loved ones. We stand with our fellow parents struggling to understand how these tragedies continue to happen. We see you, and we hear you.
We believe that a classroom should be a place for our children to play and grow, not one where terror and tragedy continues to strike. As parents, we must act. Enough is enough.
We will not rest until our schools are once more a place where our children can be safely nurtured — no family should ever have to experience this loss. For those who would like to help support us in this mission, we will be sharing resources for parents, and ways to give below:
Resources for Parents
- Talking to Children About the Shooting
- Tips for Parents/Guardians to Support Youth After a Tragedy
- Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event
Support Organizations Making An Impact
- GoFundMe The Convent School Shooting Relief
- GoFundMe Texas Elementary School Shooting Relief
- Newton Action Alliance
- Sandy Hook Promise
- Protecting Our Students
- National Education Association
How to Get Involved
- Support an organization dedicated to ending gun violence in our schools
- Share these words of encouragement with teachers and educators who are struggling across the country
- Contact the offices of your local, state, and federal government